Rewards for believers in Jesus Christ
Most, if not all of us, are incentive-based. This is one of the reasons why capitalism is one of the best economic systems out there and provides the highest standard of living for all of us as a whole, especially compared to something like socialism. In addition to following and believing in God out of love, why else should someone live a Christian life in a world that persecutes and is very much intolerant towards the truth? In other words, this basic question comes to mind: what are the ultimate rewards for being a believer in Jesus Christ in a world that is against Christianity?
To be a believer, we need to do the following two things:
Acknowledge that Jesus Christ died for us and accept Him as our personal savior (Romans 10:9). And, live as a “born again” individual (John 3:3).
David Jeremiah wrote the following in his book, People Are Asking…Is This the End?: Signs of God’s Providence in a Disturbing New World:
What are some of the rewards promised to those who endure persecution?
- They will be avenged (Revelation 6:9-11; 16:5-7; 18:20; 19:2).
- They will be rewarded with white robes, signifying holiness and purity (6:11).
- They will be given perfect and abundant lives free of sorrow (7:14-17).
- Heaven will rejoice over them because they did not shrink from death (12:11-12).
- They will find eternal rest (14:13).
- They will reign with Christ for 1,000 years (20:4, 6).
- They will receive the crown of eternal life (James 1:12).
- They will have no more death to fear (1 Corinthians 15:54; Revelation 20:14). (78)
Jeremiah, David. People Are Asking…Is This the End?: Signs of God’s Providence in a Disturbing New World. W Publishing Group, an Imprint of Thomas Nelson, 2016.